You know that Place?

You know that Place?

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Loving













For as long as I can remember 
all I have ever wanted was to be loved and to give love.
  To be free to express this deep appreciation
 that lives inside of me
 for other living creatures
 who share this space in time with me.  
David Viscott  says it 
so succinctly:  "To Love and  be loved 
is to feel the sun from both sides."
I feel the sun
even on the cloudiest days
for the warmth of love
holds me close,
embraces me 
and gives me a joy 
that I carry with me 
wherever I go.
And in turn?
My goal, my dream, my hope
is to give this huge love 
to others 
to spread this joy and warmth
that lives within me
and to see the smiles, the wonder
and the happiness
that envelopes me
embracing others I meet
along my way.

Always I will endeavor
 to feel the sun
from both sides.
#

No comments:

Post a Comment