You know that Place?

You know that Place?

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Memories Made

With the sun dipping low
retreating from our evening sky
I watch it sink
as it journeys 
to the other side of this world
and I think of you
so close,
yet so far
from me now--
you will be heading home
to your far away land
and truly, I do understand
and know that is where
you need to be--
but I still have my memories 
of you being with me
and those memories are what 
will continue to  sustain 
and comfort me--
those moments
when we walked side by side,
hand in hand,
talking and laughing
and enjoying life together then
and if you're wondering--
yes, I saw, I felt your huge, wide grin--
mine was there too
encompassing my heart
and I just felt GOOD inside
I know you did too.
So, just wanted to tell you
once again--
see?  wishes do come true...

No comments:

Post a Comment